Friday , May 29 2020
Home / SPORTS / NEWS / The Latest Sports News Around The World-29th April 2020

The Latest Sports News Around The World-29th April 2020

There are still latest sports news flooding in despite the fact that the coronavirus is still showing no sign of slowing down. Sporting activities are suspended but there are still news in the sporting world. In this article I round up the top sports news in the world. Read below to find out the details.

BOXING.

LATEST SPORTS NEWS: DEONTAY WILDER HAS TIME TO IMPROVE SAYS JONATHAN BANKS.

Deontay wilder and Tyson Fury will face of in a trilogy match later this year. Deontay Wilder lost to Tyson Fury in the seventh round in February last year. Despite the defeat trainer Jonathan Banks says he gives credit to Deontay Wilder for having held his title (WBC heavy weight) for 5 years (2015-2020). Deontay Wilder face off with Tyson Fury in six months’ time. Jonathan Banks believe that is enough time for Wilder to improve his game in the gym and put up a fight in the next matches.

A picture of Deontay Wilder in the latest sports news today.
A picture of Deontay Wilder in the latest sports news today.

CANELO AND GOLOVKIN COULD FACE OFF TWICE IN 2020.

Canelo and Golovkin could meet each other in the ring twice in 2020 if Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn get his way. He wants Canelo Alvarez and Gennadiy Golovkin to fight different opponents in august and September so that they could face off with each other in December. In that way they could meet in the ring three times in December.

FOOTBALL.

LATEST SPORTS NEWS: FRANCE PM BANS ALL SPORTING EVENT UNTIL SEPTEMBER.

France prime minister Edouard Phillipe has banned all sporting events in the country until September. This includes all sporting events which has been planned for both in the public domain or behind closed doors. The governing football body of France (FFF) had hope to resume the season in June and complete it in July but now have to rethink their decision.  The France Football Federation (FFF) will now have to decide on whether to abandon the 2019/2020 season or not. They will also have to decide on the teams that qualifies for Europe as well as promotions and relegations.

FIFA CHIEF DOCTOR HAS WARNED AGAINST RESTARTING SEASON.

FIFA chief doctor Michel Hooghe has warned football associations from resuming the 2019/2020 football season amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. He says if it is possible the associations should avoid planning competitive football for a few weeks. They should rather prepare for the 2020/2021 season. He goes ahead to say there is a risk and it is not a risk that has small consequences.  I quote the rest of what he said “It can have consequences of life and death and that is why I am so careful and I ask everyone to be very careful before deciding to play again. “I speak as a medical doctor, I don’t have to speak as an organiser of matches, but for the moment from my medical standpoint I would be very sceptical.”

A picture of FIFA chief doctor Miche Hooghe in the latest sports news today.
A picture of FIFA chief doctor Miche Hooghe in the latest sports news today.

LATEST SPORTS NEWS: UEFA ASK EUROPEAN LEAGUES TO MAKE A DECISION ON THE 2019/2020 SEASON BY MAY 25.

UEFA has sent a message to all the 55 nations under its command to make a decision on the 2019/2020 football season by May 25. Football in all those associations bar Belarus have been on suspension since the outbreak of the novel coronavirus. UEFA say by May 25, they should decide whether they still want to resume the 2019/2020 football season or end it. UEFA has tasked associations that wish to terminate the current season to decide on what teams will qualify for Europe but it should be based on merit. The Eredivisie recently cancelled the 2019/2020 season.

FORMULA ONE.

FORMULA ONE FACTORY SHUTDOWN PERIOD EXTENDED.

Formula one has extended the shutdown period for teams as the 2020 season is in confusion after the coronavirus outbreak. Factories in formula one has been closed to players and workers since March. The new decision means the factories should remain close until May ending. Formula one hopes to restart the season in July. F1 chairman and chief executive Chase Carey said on Monday he was “increasingly confident” of a first race in Austria on 3-5 July, followed by a few races in Europe before moving on to Asia and the Americas and ending the championship in the Middle East in December.

A picture of a Formula one which is a part of the latest football news today.
A picture of a Formula one which is a part of the latest football news today.

FORMULA ONE PLANS TO START SEASON IN AUSTRIA AFTER THE FRENCH GP WAS CALLED OFF.

The French Grand Prix was called off after France PM announced a ban on all sporting activities until September. Formula one boss Chase Carey plans to start the formula one season in Austria in July instead. Carey said he was very confident with the progress being made to begin the season in summer. He expects the first race to take place in Austria from July 3-5. Carey added that the subsequent three months after August will see races in Eurasia, Asia and America and for the season to end in Bahrain in December before the traditional finale in Abu Dhabi. He goes further to say he expects no fans in the beginning but eventually as the season progresses.

TENNIS.

LATEST SPORTS NEWS: TENNIS SCOTLAND HOPES TO PERSUADE THE MURRAY BROTHERS.

Tennis Scotland hope to convince the Murray brothers that is Andy Murray and Jamie Murray to play in a behind closed door fixture. According to tennis Scotland chief executive Blane Dodds they will approach the Murray brothers when they have a structure in place as well as funding.

YOUR COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ON THE LATEST SPORTS NEWS.

Share your views and opinions on today’s latest sports news. Please share the article to reach like minded people like you. Subscribe to the blog now by entering your email address below in the subscription box. Follow any of our social media pages below for timely updates.

t.me/sportsinquisitor

twitter.com/sportsnquisitor

instagram.com/sportsinquisitor

pinterest.com/sportsinquisitor

 

 

About Fredrick Adehe

Check Also

Coronavirus: Premier League Records 6 Positive Cases.

The premier league has penciled 19th June 2020 for the resumption of its league and the remaining matches. As a result of that they conducted a test on 748 players and staff on Sunday and Monday for coronavirus. At the end of the first test 6 out of the 748 persons tested positive for the novel virus.

What's your view on the article

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: